Just because I like things nice and complicated sometimes. I have developed a three-tiered ranking system for my sims. This system basically ranks the sims by how important I think their household is and how much blog/playtime they will get.
The three ranks (in order of importance):
- Full Playable
- Playable NPC
What each rank means:
- Full Playable: Playable sims are sims that are fully playable and are update regularly in the blog (every round). Playable sims make the world of Oasis Valley thrive (at least in blog form). Oasis Valley is based on of their stories and lives. Most of the playable sims originate from the Founding CAS. When Oasis Valley was first created there were 9 CAS families created. Most (if not all) playable sims were either created in CAS as part of one of these families or were born into the families after they were created.
- Semi-Playable: Sims in this category may or may not have their own post depending on how their stories develop. Semi-Playable sims are more likely to get “mini-updates” rather than the full-bodied version. Semi-Playable sims are sims that were either a) Playable than moved out of Oasis Valley b) Moved to Oasis Valley after its founding. Semi-Playable sims are more like a supporting cast.
- Playable NPCs: Playable NPCs are the last level of playable characters. Theses sims are usually sims that either moved out of Oasis Valley or were partners or friends of Oasis Valley residents and showed up in the storyline. They mainly live nice normal lives and hopefully provide breeding material.
There are ways to move up and down each rank. I won’t list them all but here is my “official” rules regarding Full Playables:
Becoming a Playable: To become playable a sim most either be
- a) born into a playable family
- b) marry into a playable family
- c) have an interesting enough story to move up through the ranks and become playable.
Being Demoted: A playable sim can be demoted to a lower ranking level either:
- a) moving out of Oasis Valley
- b)being boring.
- c) moving out of the main family household (on a case by case basis)
Moving Out of Oasis Valley: Once a playable sim moves out of Oasis Valley (ie. into Eaton) They become a playable NPC. If they return to Oasis Valley they can either:
- a) Stay a playable NPC
- b) become Semi-Playable
- c) Return to Playable status
Yes, I realize that I have just given myself one more thing to track but I am hoping in the long run it will cut down between when I play a house and when I blog about it. I am currently in just starting Round 9 here on the blog but have already started Round 10 in-game. I would like to shorten that spacing just a little bit.
FYI: Marylena Samuels from the Wilson’s last post is a Playable NPC. She lives in Oasis Valley but there will be very little if any updates on her.