Over the next couple of rounds I will be making a lot of changes to the way that I play Oasis Valley. Some of these changes will not make much difference in my posting but other changes will.
The first change I am making has to do with how I handle time and Aging.
- Old: Each round was 4 years. There were 5 seasons each round. Each household was played for a total of 4 days.
- New: Each round is 2 years. There will be 5 seasons each round (unchanged). Each household will be played for a total of 4 days.
Aging: Big changes, Huge Changes (short version).
- Old: Maxis default for all age groups. Each adult got three drinks for the elixir of life (9 days added to the adult stage). Each elder got two drinks from the elixir (3 days added to the elder stage).
- New: I used SimLogical to change the length and durations on the lengths of each stage. There will be no more elixir of life used anymore.
Aging: Detailed Explanation
I decided to changing the age durations for several reason. First I was really envious of other Sim 2 Bloggers who knew the age of their sims. Secondly, the teen stage is way to long. Three, I thought that it would be better for the stories if I knew the exact (approximate) ages of my sims. That way, it would be easier to make decisions based on age. Also, I want to play young adults in the hood, Curtis was a test sim for young adults in hood. So, far so good.
The new age groups are as followed :
Infant: 3 Days (0 to 2 years old)
Toddler: 3 Days (3 to 5 year
- Child: 7 Days (6 to 12 years)
Teen: 6 Days (13 to 18 years old)
Young Adult: 4 Days (19 to 22 years old)
Adult: 40 Days(19 to 59 years old)
Elder: (60 years til Death)
I don’t think that I did my elder years right…. but I will see once I have a sim age up to elder. So, far I am liking the whole aging thing. I need to figure out how old my sims are but that will take a little bit of work on my part. So, for now I am not including ages with updates.